top of page

F Academic Student Visas

F visas are nonimmigrant visas that are issued to students who wish to study at an accredited US institution. There are two types of F visas: F1 visas for academic students and F2 visas for dependents of F1 visa holders. F1 visa holders must maintain full-time student status and make normal progress towards their degree in order to remain in the United States. F2 visa holders, on the other hand, are not permitted to work or study while in the United States. Both F1 and F2 visa holders are generally only allowed to stay in the United States for the duration of their studies, after which they must return to their home country. However, F1 visa holders may be eligible for Optional Practical Training or Curricular Practical Training, which allows them to work in the United States for up to one year or two years depending on the type after completing their studies. F2 visa holders are not eligible for this program.


For assistance with F visas, please contact us at the address below or fill out the contact link for a free consultation.


bottom of page