top of page

J Exchange Visitor Visas

J visas are non-immigrant visas designed for exchange visitors. They are intended for individuals who wish to come to the United States for educational or cultural exchanges. J visa holders can participate in a number of different exchange programs, including high school and university exchanges, internships, and training programs. To obtain a J visa, applicants must first be accepted into an approved exchange program. They then need to obtain a J-1 visa from a U.S. consulate or embassy. J-1 visa holders are typically subject to a two-year home residency requirement, which means they must return to their home country for at least two years before they are eligible to apply for another U.S. visa. However, this requirement may be waived in certain circumstances. For example, J-1 visa holders who can demonstrate that returning to their home country would result in "exceptional hardship" to themselves or their immediate family members may be eligible for a waiver. 


For assistance with J visas, please contact us at the address below or fill out the contact link for a free consultation.


bottom of page