top of page

R Visa

If you are a foreign national who wants to work in the United States at a religious organization, you will need an R visa. The R visa is a temporary visa that is specifically for people who want to work as ministers or in religious vocations or occupations. To be eligible for an R visa, you must be coming to the United States to work at least part time (average of at least 20 hours per week) for a non-profit religious organization. The organization must be based in the United States, and you must have been invited to work by that organization.

If you are interested in obtaining an R visa, there are a few things you need to know. First, the application process can be complicated, so it is important to work with an immigration lawyer who can help you through it. You will also need to provide a lot of documentation, including evidence of your religious affiliation and your job offer from the U.S. organization. Additionally, there is a cap on the number of R visas that are issued each year, so it is important to apply as early as possible.

If you are granted an R visa, you will be able to stay in the United States for up to five years. During that time, you can travel in and out of the country as long as your visa is still valid. When your visa expires, you will need to leave the United States and reside outside for one year before being eligible for a R-1 visa again..

For assistance with R visas, please contact us at the address below or fill out the contact link for a free consultation.


bottom of page